Thursday, July 21, 2005

Who is Ed Anderson?

Just a moment to introduce myself.

I am Ed Anderson. I grew up in San Jose, California, which is in the heart of Silicon Valley. Believe it or not, San Jose is now the 10th largest city in the country.

My mother worked for the local elementary school and my father worked for Fairchild Semiconductor Company in their quality control department. Mom's job was pretty understandable to a young lad, but dad's wasn't. Dad explained it to me one evening;

"Son, when they make something at the plant, I try to break it."

That was a pretty good answer to someone who is six years old.

I went to school at UCLA and studied Political Science. I worked two jobs after graduation. During the days I worked for the Los Angeles County Bar Association and at night I worked for the UCLA police department.

After a year out of school, I enrolled in law school at the DePaul University College of Law in Chicago. I enjoyed everything about Chicago except the weather and try to visit as often as I can. While in law school I worked for the Cook County State's Attorney's Office, first working as a clerk in the criminal division, then working as a clerk in the civil division, then prosecuting drug dealers in night court (court actually started at 4:00 p.m.).

I returned home to take the California Bar Examination (I passed on the first try), then worked for Phi Alpha Delta law fraternity when they were headquartered in Granada Hills, California.

Fate brought me to Tennessee, when I met my sweetheart while visiting the University of Memphis, where she was studying. I moved to Tennesse and took the Tennessee Bar Examination (again, I passed on the first try).

I live in northwest Knoxville and make the short commute to our Fountain City office every morning.

If you have a question about your Social Security case, you can reach me at 865/522-9000.

No comments: